CSO Credit Services Disclosure

Service Description

In addition to being a Credit Access Business (CAB), Happy Loans, LLC DBA Happy Cash, is a credit services organization (CSO). As a CSO, Happy Cash is registered and bonded with the Texas Secretary of State under Chapter 393 of the Texas Finance Code. Credit service organizations are not lenders and do not make loans. A CSO helps consumers obtain loans from a separate company (“Lender”), and issues a guaranty to Lender on the consumer’s behalf to back up the consumer’s promise to pay the loan. The Lender is not affiliated with the CSO. For more information on our fee schedule and the terms of representative loans we help consumers obtain, please see the Pre-Loan Disclosures.

This CSO Credit Services Disclosure forms part of the Consumer Disclosures for CAB Credit Services and is being provided to you before you enter into any credit services transaction or loan or pay any fee or other consideration. If you and we enter into a transaction, the Consumer Disclosures for CAB Credit Services, including this CSO Credit Services Disclosure, will be incorporated by reference as part of your Credit Services Agreement.

Surety Bond Information: Happy Cash has filed a $10,000 surety bond with the Texas Secretary of State under Chapter 393 of the Texas Finance Code for each store location. The surety bond is in favor of any person damaged by CSO’s violation of Chapter 393 and in favor of the State of Texas for the benefit of such damaged person.

A person making a claim against the surety bond for a violation of Chapter 393 may file suit against the surety identified below, the CSO that violated Chapter 393, or both. The surety is liable only for actual damages, reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs awarded under Section 393.503(a) of the Texas Finance Code. The aggregate liability of the surety for a credit services organization’s violations of Chapter 393 may not exceed the amount of the surety bond. Surety bond company and address: United States Fire Insurance Company, 305 Madison Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07962.

Consumer’s Rights to Information About Consumer’s Credit Report

Right to Review Information: Upon request, a consumer reporting agency, also known as a “credit bureau,” must give you the information in your file at that agency, including the sources of the information and a list of everyone who has recently requested your report. All consumers are entitled to one free disclosure every TWELVE (12) months upon request from each nationwide credit bureau and from nationwide specialty consumer reporting agencies. (See www.ftc.gov/credit for additional information.) You are also entitled to a free file disclosure if: (1) you received a notice within the past 60 days that you were denied credit, insurance, or employment or experienced another so-called “adverse action” based on a credit report; (2) you are the victim of identity theft and place a fraud alert in your file; (3) your file contains inaccurate information as a result of fraud; (4) you are a recipient of public welfare assistance; or (5) you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment within SIXTY (60) days. Otherwise, a consumer reporting agency may charge you a minimal fee for the report.

Right to Dispute Information: If you tell a consumer reporting agency that your file contains inaccurate information, the consumer reporting agency must investigate the items you contest by presenting to any person who provided any item of information in dispute all relevant evidence you submit, unless your dispute is frivolous. The person who provided the disputed information must review your evidence and report its findings to the consumer reporting agency. The consumer reporting agency must give you a written report of its investigation and a copy of your report if the investigation results in any change. If the consumer reporting agency’s investigation does not resolve the dispute, you may add a brief statement to your file. The consumer reporting agency must normally include a summary of your statement in future reports. If an item is deleted or a dispute statement is filed, you may ask that anyone who has recently received your report be notified of the change in the report.

Inaccurate, Incomplete and Obsolete Information: A consumer reporting agency must remove or correct inaccurate or unverified information from its files. However, the consumer reporting agency is not required to remove accurate data from your file unless it is obsolete or cannot be verified. If information is deleted from your file after an investigation and later reinserted, the consumer reporting agency must give you a written notice telling you it has reinserted the information. The notice must include the name, address and phone number of the person who provided the reinserted information. Except in certain cases, a consumer reporting agency may not report negative information that is more than SEVEN (7) years old, except for bankruptcies which may be reported for TEN (10) years.

Availability of Credit Counseling

There are other ways and sources for you to obtain credit services. You have a right to consider these other ways and sources. Nonprofit credit counseling services may be available in your community. You may refer to your local telephone directory under “Credit and Debt Counseling” for listings and sources.